Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Bit of Art

My last post was about the creativity everyday challenge and I have obviously not posted any sort of art but that does not mean I have been completely idle. For my art class at school we had to create six different collage pieces based off of an "object" that held some emotional response for us. Our teacher is really into the interpretive and personal side of art so we could literally do anything about anything. I chose my childhood home as it holds a lot of memories for me. Most of what I did is not based on specific memories but more of feelings and moods I get thinking about that part of my past.

In my opinion this is the best piece that I did and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. All the collages look better in person by the way haha.










This would be my second favorite piece. A bit of watercolor stuff. It isn't perfect but I was really trying to capture the color of the memory more than the physical images.











A very childlike view of a garden. Made with ripped up pieces of construction paper and mod-podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment